For 7th-9th Graders
During the FCPS school year, the Old Firehouse Teen Center offers members enrolled in the After School Program various trips at no additional cost. Club trips depart at 3:30 p.m. and return to the OFTC before 6 p.m.
Please check back for Fall 2015 trip dates
Time: 4:30pm - 5:30pm
What does it take to become an actor? Classes will focus on movement, voice, character building, stage direction and how to audition. Props and costumes will be used to help create characters.
April 30 Voice
May 7 Characterization
May 14 How to Audition
May 21 Mime/Movement
Old Firehouse Facility Rental Form
Old Firehouse Facility Layout
Registration (Payment) Form
Have your next party or event at the Old Firehouse! With access to our large dance floor, game tables, and kitchenette, you have all the makings of a fun time. Just add your friends, music and refreshments.
Requirements for Having a Party at The Old Firehouse
A parent or legal guardian must be present during the party and is responsible for providing adult chaperones (at least 1 per 20 guests.)
- Refreshments (no alcohol), decorations and entertainment are the responsibility of the host.
- Minimum of 3-hour rental is required.
- Payment and deposit are due in full at the time of booking. A credit card or check made payable to OFTC is required for the payments.
- A legal guardian must agree to adhere to terms defined in the Old Firehouse Facility Rental Form.
- Category 1 - Government: Free during our normal business hours and for up to 3 hours outside of normal business hours
- Category 2 - Local Open Community Groups: Free during our normal business hours. $50/hr otherwise.
- Category 3 - Local Private Individuals, Organizations or Community Groups: $250 deposit; $100/hr for up to 50 people; $125/hr for over 50 people
- Category 4 - Non-Local Organizations or Individuals: $250 deposit; $150/hr for up to 50 people; $175/hr for over 50 people
Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis, as space is available and within the following times:
- Mondays-Thursdays, 6 - 12 a.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays, 2 - 12 a.m.
Reservations are accepted up to six months in advance. Please make reservations at least two weeks in advance. Old Firehouse programs have priority, so the facility is not always available for rentals. Reservations must be made at the facility. Staff will not book over the phone or via e-mail. Generally we are open Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Please call first to make sure the facility manager will be available when you arrive.
All cancellations are subject to a $25 processing fee. Additional cancellation fees are as follows:
- If a cancellation is more than 60 days prior to the rental date, there is no additional fee. The renter will receive a 100 % refund less the $25 processing fee.
- If a cancellation is made between 60 and 30 days of the rental date, there is a 25% cancellation fee. The Renter will be refunded 75% of the rental fee less the $25 processing fee.
- If a cancellation is made less than 30 days of the rental date there is a 50% cancellation fee. The Renter will be refunded 50% of the rental fee less the $25 processing fee.
- If the event is not cancelled, there is a 100% cancellation fee. There is no refund.
Please Note: Staff members are not chaperones and do not take responsibility for monitoring guests.
Old Firehouse Facility
Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
1440 Chain Bridge Rd.
McLean, VA 22101
703-448-8336 (TEEN), TTY: 711
This award-winning facility, the first of its kind in the metropolitan D.C. area, provides a safe atmosphere for participants to meet for recreation and personal development. Professional and experienced staff members organize and facilitate activities each day, ensuring that participants do not have to return home to empty houses. Participants can enjoy their time at The Old Firehouse (OFTC) after school and during the summer. Opened in 1990, the building formerly operated as a local fire station and is now a satellite of the McLean Community Center.