A- A A+

County of Fairfax, Virginia
The McLean Community Center

Temporary Administrative Offices: 6631 Old Do
minion Dr., McLean Va. 22101

Media Contact: Sabrina Anwah
Director of Communications
703-790-0123, TTY: 711

Thursday, June 8, 2017

McLean’s 2017 Independence Day Celebration Features Music, Food and Fireworks
McLean, VA— McLean’s annual Independence Day Celebration, produced by the McLean Community Center (MCC), returns to Churchill Road Elementary School for a second year on Tuesday, July 4. Located at 7100 Churchill Rd. in McLean, the school grounds open at 6:30 p.m. The fireworks show begins at sunset, approximately 9:15 p.m. Admission is free. In case of inclement weather, the fireworks show will be presented at 8 p.m. on the rain date, Wednesday, July 5.

In addition to the large fireworks display, patrons can come early to enjoy musical entertainment by a local disc jockey, as well as food trucks selling a variety of entrees and snacks. Parking will not be available at Churchill Road or Cooper Middle schools. Patrons are encouraged to take a free shuttle bus from two satellite parking sites, St. John’s Episcopal Church (6715 Georgetown Pike) and McLean Baptist Church (1367 Chain Bridge Rd.) beginning at 6:25 p.m. Handicap-accessible buses will be available at both sites. Due to the renovation of the Ingleside Avenue facility, there will not be parking or shuttle service available at MCC.

Smoking, pets, fireworks, glass containers, weapons, sparklers, vaping and alcohol are not allowed on school grounds. The fireworks display will be provided by East Coast Pyrotechnics.

For more information, call 703-790-0123, TTY: 711, or visit: www.mcleancenter.org/specialevents.
# # #

The McLean Community Center, an agency of Fairfax County Government, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all programs, services and activities. We will provide, reasonable accommodations upon request. To request special accommodations, call the Center 14 working days in advance of the event.
To request this information in an alternate format, call 711.