Saturday, Feb. 27—Aug. 28, 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Next Meeting: Saturday, April 24, 11:30 a.m.
Free; registration is required.
Activity No. 1600.321
Interested in reading some of your favorite books or diving into new genres? Come be a part of the McLean Community Center book club. This great program will allow you to discuss books monthly in a group setting. Expand your knowledge. Meet great people. Make great memories.
Help us decide which books to read by filling out this short survey.
When you play, we all win!
Wednesday, March 17 - Saturday, May 15
Free to participate.
Answer local trivia questions, complete fun missions, and support McLean’s businesses and organizations.
Download the free secure Goosechase app and complete the virtual and in-person missions on your own schedule! Participants who complete the missions will be automatically enrolled in a random drawing to receive great prizes.
A smartphone is required to participate.
Click here for detailed onboarding instructions on how to participate as a group or individual.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Saturday, April 17, 9 a.m.–noon
Free admission; preregistration recommended.
Register here: 2001.321
Note: This event is limited to McLean residents who reside in Small Tax District 1A—Dranesville.
This drive-through, outdoor, environmental action event provides a convenient way for McLean residents to better the planet. Several local community businesses and organizations will provide four key facets of environmental health in the spirit of shredding, reusing, recycling and planting.
- Earth-friendly opportunities include:
- • Paper shredding provided by ShredInstead. Limited to personal use only up to 5 full copy/bankers boxes. (limits apply)
• Paint recycling provided by Yuck Old Paint. Residents may bring old cans of oil or latex-based paint. Limited to 10 cans per family. (limits apply) Note: Per federal DOT and EPA regulations, paint MUST BE in original containers with labels. Please do NOT co-mingle paint can contents.
• Bulk/Household Items accepted by College Hunks Hauling Junk. College Hunks Hauling Junk will accept bulk or household items (furniture, clothing, school supplies, technology). The company has partnered with Habitat for Humanity and Goodwill to reuse and recycle donated bulk/household items.
- • Compost. Veteran Compost will collect the following compostable materials: All food, paper towels, paper napkins, paper towel and toilet paper rolls (the cardboard part), compostable food containers, compostable flatware, dinnerware, plates and cups. Any flatware, dinnerware, plate or cup that is clearly marked as compostable, produce or storage bags that are marked as compostable, coffee grounds, coffee filters, tea bags (including the staples and strings).
- • Bike donations provided by Wheels to Africa. Wheels of Africa will collect used bicycles to help under-resourced communities in Africa and America.
• Tree saplings donated by Bartlett Tree Experts.
• Pollinator Seed Packets. MCC will distribute these on a first-come, first-served basis to the first 250 cars.
- • Art Alchemy. An innovative recycled art installation provided by Brooksfield School & Young at Art with Pamela Saunders.
Additional Recycling Information provided by Fairfax County Government:
MCC Governing Board Elections: The drive-through event will include a voting opportunity for McLean Tax District 1A residents to vote for their favorite MCC Governing Board candidate. Ballots may be picked up onsite and dropped off by May 15. Participation in the recycling event is not required to receive a ballot.
Celebrating Our Hometown Since 1915
McLean Day 2021: A Drive-Thru Entertainment Event!
Saturday, May 15, 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
McLean Community Center Parking Lot
1234 Ingleside Ave., McLean, Va. 22101
New! McLean’s favorite annual event is celebrating our hometown in a different way this year!
This in-person, drive-thru event includes:
• Stilt walkers
• Costumed Characters
• Cotton Candy (limits apply)
• Give-aways (limits apply)
A voting opportunity for tax Dranesville District 1A residents to vote for their favorite MCC Governing Board candidate will be available during this event.
Exhibitors: In lieu of the typical festival exhibitor spaces seen in times past at the McLean Day festival, please see our virtual exhibitor opportunities provided as a part of the Mission McLean app as a fun way to bring attention to McLean businesses and organizations. For more information please visit the exhibitor page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.