The Old Firehouse Center is offering a new program! Old Firehouse Learning Connection is a supervised e-learning program held at the Old Firehouse Center, supervised by our staff, designed for students in 5th -10th grades. The program will provide a supervised environment for students to complete their school led virtual instruction. Staff will provide limited socially distant recreation opportunities for students during their breaks. Program waivers, participant contracts and additional information will be sent to all registered participants prior to the start of the program.
Registration is open and ongoing. To register click on the Activity Numbers below or call 703 448 8336.
• Parents and/or guardians must transport students to and from the OFC Learning Connection program.
• Students must bring their own laptop (with charger), and headset/headphones. Please bring computers or devices fully charged each day.
• Students must bring their own lunch, snacks and drinks. A water fountain/bottle filler will be available for students.
• There will be two adult staff supervising the students. These staff members are not teachers and have no teaching certificates or experience teaching. Their background is in childcare and activity facilitation. They will help students in a limited capacity with their schoolwork. The main task of program staff is to provide a supervised environment for students to spend the day completing their schoolwork.
• Wifi will be provided.
COVID – 19 Precautions:
• Students must pass a health screening each morning before being permitted into the program. Staff will take each student’s temperature and observe them for any coughing, sneezing etc. Parents will be required to sign a document daily testifying that the student does not have a fever, has not taken any fever-reducing meds in the last 12 hours and has not been in contact with any individual who’s tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
• Staff and students who are feeling ill should remain home. Any staff or student exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will be isolated and sent home.
• Students and staff MUST wear a mask at all times inside the Old Firehouse Center, except while actively eating or drinking. When students are outside of the center AND socially distant, they may remove their masks. Students must bring their own masks and other PPE.
• Students will sit at tables at least six-feet apart from other students and walking isles.
• Group size is limited to 18 students.
• Students will eat lunch and snacks at their workspace unless the group is going outside.
• Students should limit their personal belongings to one bag labeled with their name. The bag will be kept under their table accessible to the child.
• Students will have frequent opportunities for handwashing.
Friday, May 28, 7-9 p.m.
Activity No. 4732.321
$30, per parent and child/$25 MCC district residents; preregistration is recommended.
For ages 10+. Mothers and mothers-at-heart, grab your son or daughter and join OFC as we paint a spring-themed masterpiece. All painting materials and snacks are provided. Preregistration is recommended.